Compare Savings Rates Calculator
- Starting amount
- The amount of dollar you have already saved or invested. You can also input zero in this field.
- Your intended number of years over which you want to save. This can be the term length for the savings.
- Additional contributions
- Amount of money you wish to contribute regularly from now on through your chosen contribution type (weekly, monthly, yearly etc.). These are payments in excess of your scheduled payments.
- Contribution frequency
- How frequently you will make additional contributions. Available options are: weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Annual percentage yield (APY)
- Your yearly expected rate of return from the investment or savings. The actual rate may vary significantly over times depending on macroeconomic situations.
- Make deposits at beginning of the period
- If you have planned to contribute funds at the starting of each period, check this box. Paying early will increase the earning capability of your investments and thus will increase your return.